Supporting mental health & addictions care when and where it’s needed most
OTN enables access to care for more than 100,000 mental health and addiction patients annually. Patients seeking in-person appointments with a specialist may face long waits, incur travel costs and time away from their family and friends, adding unnecessary stress in their lives. Telemedicine provides a welcome relief by providing timely access to care without the need for extensive travel.
- Telepsychiatry can be used for therapy, assessments, triage decisions, new/initial patient referrals, shared care, and discharge planning.
- Includes primary care providers in the circle of care.
- Increases opportunities for greater collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams.
- To Form 1 patients and reverse Forms as required.
- Eliminates issues around travel and wait times.
- A greater degree of comfort and privacy for patients.