Applies to: iOS OTNconnect v1.2.x, Android OTNconnect v1.2.x or greater
Date Effective: September 1, 2016
As a Health Information Network Provider, Agent and Service Provider under PHIPA, the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) has an over arching Privacy Statement which can be read here.
Below we identify the following OTN privacy practices related to this App.
- OTN does not collect or require users to share personal information through this App. This is including and not limited to, email address, date of birth or any other personal information. App users will be registered, provisioned and provided with credentials to access this App and/or other OTN services based on explicit Consent and Acknowledgement through an organization which may be a health information custodian or directly with the user.
- OTN does not transmit data about a user whether through this App or any of its resources and network assets without notice or consent. OTN publishes its practices related to use, collection, retention, and disclosure of personal and personal health information.
- OTN does not link User information to a geo location tracker when using the video/microphone feature of OTNconnect.
- OTN will rely on existing registered users (provisioned) users for Application use. OTN’s Privacy Statement referenced above covers the exchange of information. Further, the user will have agreed to the terms and conditions of the particular service as part of OTN’s registration and provisioning processes.
- OTN’s apps will not request any age verification through the application, however the user registration and provisioning process, will ensure that Application users have requested access and that they meet any age or clinical criterion as per the context of the pilot, study, or service provided by OTN and/or the organization and/or health Information custodian.
- The OTN Application will utilize the following mobile handset resources to enable the telemedicine service. The resources requested are: Camera, Microphone, Push Notifications, Maps and Voice calling.
- OTN collects and discloses to Fabric.io the following, for the purpose of assisting with troubleshooting;
- Device type
- Version of the operating system
- Version of OTNConnect app
- Date/time of the crash
- A stack trace related to the crash (Names of the functions in the app that led to the crash)
If you feel personal and/or personal health information have been inappropriately collected, used, and/or disclosed in relation to OTN’s iOS App (OTNconnect); you can make a complaint by emailing email@example.com or via phone at 1-855-654-0888.
If you are not satisfied by the response provided by OTN, you may make a complaint to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC) by contacting them at the contact information posted on their website; How To Reach Us; https://www.ipc.on.ca/english/About-Us/How-to-Reach-Us/.
More information about OTN’s privacy policies is available through the OTN Privacy Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 1-855-654-0888.
The App Developer may be contacted for any questions at;
438 University Avenue, Suite 200